Anna from Are You Gonna Eat That? nominated me for a Liebster award couple of weeks ago. It basically is a way to get to know a blogger better by asking series of questions and listing random facts. There’s no trophy or cash prize. But I’m honored to have another blogger wanting to get to know me better.
The rules are:
– List 11 random facts about yourself and answer 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
– Pass the award onto 11 other bloggers who have less than 200 followers and ask 11 questions of your own. But you can’t choose the blogger that nominated you.
So here are my 11 random facts:
1. I’m deathly afraid of birds. It’s a hard life since birds are EVERYWHERE!!!
2. I love watching re-runs. I don’t even have cable at home and I can watch tv all day.
3. I once ate 4 servings of Korean kalbi by myself with rice and all the side dishes.
4. I like bowling.
5. I hate running.
6. I love karaoke.
7. I’m getting worse with parking. I keep moving my car back and forth since I can’t get it right the first time.
8. I’m definitely not a morning person.
9. I can’t stand the taste of cinnamon and cilantro.
10. I love eating, but I don’t like cooking that much.
11. I can’t sleep by myself in the house. Someone has to be in the house. But not ghosts, burglars or murderers.
And the 11 questions asked by Anna:
1. What do you mostly write about and what has been your experience with it?
I mostly write about my own experiences since I’m not a financial guru. My blog is about my personal financial journey and it’s been really great. People have been very supportive and helpful.
2. What are your goals in life?
These are my five year goals. I want to be debt free. I want to go on a mission trip with my husband. I’m still in search of a job that I feel passionate about and good at. Although money is important, that’s not what drives me. Hopefully I’ll find my way soon.
3. What’s your favorite kind of food?
I love sushi, pasta, thai food, and anything with squid. I like mostly anything with rice and noodle.
4. If you were able to take a month off and travel, where would you go and why?
I want to go on a Europe backpacking trip. It’s easy to travel and you can see, eat, feel, and do so many different things without traveling a wide distance.
5. Are you more of a cat person or dog person?
I think I’m about equal, but maybe a little more of a dog person.
6. Describe yourself in 3 words?
Shy (in the beginning), Talktative (once I’m comfortable), Honest (really try to be)
7. What is your favorite book?
Well, my first love is Anne of Green Gables. I can read that book over and over again and it takes me to a special place every time.
8. What is a piece of advice you would give your 18-year old self?
Even if you’re not making that much money, you can still save for retirement. Minimize student loans and don’t eat out as much. Date more and see mom more.
9. Do you like where you live?
I do like the area I live in. It’s close to the city and the mountains. Great education system and better job market compared to some other places in the country.
10. On a scale of 1-10, how adventurous are you?
I say 6. I think I’d be more adventurous if I had friends around me that are open to new things. But most of my friends scale at 2 and I don’t like to do things by myself.
11. Do you have any financial advice for me and/or others?
It’s good to be smart with money, but don’t miss out on life right now for the future. You need a good balance.
I know I don’t have 11, but most of the bloggers I follow have many many followers. So I think I’m ok with 7 although I’m not really sure if these 7 have less than 200 followers either. Anyway. let me ask my questions.
1. What’s your most regrettable financial mistake?
2. Do you believe in aliens and ghosts?
3. What genre of books do you like?
4. What’s your all time favorite movie?
5. What’s the best thing that happened to you in the last decade?
6. What’s the most memorable gift you ever got?
7. If you suddenly have $1,000 right now, what would you do with it? No debt payment or retirement funding or savings. Just purely to spend.
8. What’s your favorite outdoor activity?
9. Your current tv show you’re addicted to?
10. What’s your favorite quote?
11. What’s your favorite perfume or cologne?