I posted a list of goals I wanted to achieve for the first time last month. I’m embarrassed and sad to say that I didn’t reach all of them. I mean I only reached 1 to be exact and all of them were very easy and attainable goals. The reason I posted the goals on here was so that it’ll force me to actually move my lazy butt and do something about it. But now I’m writing a confessional post. October has been a bad month for me financially and personally. Hopefully I’ll get better since I can’t be worse than how I did last month. Let me quickly recap to explain exactly what I did and what I didn’t do well.
1. Finish Ender’s Game and go to a book club meeting. PASS. I finished it and went to a book club meeting I haven’t gone in over a year. A couple of people remembered me. I sounded like an idiot though since these people are serious readers and most of their references fly over my head.
2. Work out at the gym at least once a week. FAIL. I didn’t go at all in October. I couldn’t get myself to go on the weekdays. My laziness got the better of me. I usually go to a Saturday morning classes, but it seems like something came up every Saturday. I really need to be better at this. Aside from wasting money issue when I went for my biometric screening provided by my work, they said most of my health problems are from lack of exercising.
3. Write a letter to my hubby, brother, and best friend. FAIL. Let’s just say that there were many fights this month and I didn’t feel like being sweet to anybody. I need to be more forgiving, forgetful, and learn to move on faster.
4. Go to sleep by midnight. FAIL. I did manage to eliminate nights that I went to sleep after 2, but I still went to bed after midnight. I really need to force myself to go to bed by midnight. I’m tired all the time and aside from general side effects fatigue can cause, my already existing acne problem can get much worse. You don’t want to look at my face when I’m having one of those acne flare ups.
Even though the thought of giving up on my goals came up, I decided to try again this month. It was only my first month and I’m well known for my laziness. I need to give more time to make it work. I’m also adding finance related goals here too. So here’s my November goals.
1. Read one book. Choose any book that I started and never finished from last year and just finish it.
2. Work out at the gym at least once a week.
3. Write a letter to my hubby. (I’ll write one a month.)
4. Go to sleep between midnight and 1am.
5. Pack lunch at least 3 times a week. (October was a bad month for lunch budget since I got lazy with packing lunch.)
6. Try to use up most of pantry items before buying more.
7. Sell some items. (My hubby’s leather jacket, rice cooker, and other misc items.)
I appreciate you guys being so supportive with my October goals. I’m just sorry I didn’t live up to it. I’ll try to be better this month and I’m looking forward to writing my next goal recap without any shame or just a little shame.
How was your October in terms of personal goals? How was October financially?
Any exciting new goal for November?