It seems like time started flying faster since I started to post monthly goals. I can’t believe it’s December 6th already. I thought I had more time, but it’s been a week since the new month started. I’m not going to be too harsh on myself though. It’s no use being mad at myself. It’ll only discourage me and that’s not what I’m trying to do with this goal setting thing.
As always, I’ll get right into it.
1. Read one book. Choose any book that I started and never finished from last year and just finish it. PASS. I didn’t read the book I couldn’t finish last year and ended up buying a new book. But that’s ok. The point was to read a book. I read Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? By Mindy Kaling. I thought it was a little too disorganized in the beginning, but as I got into it, I had more fun reading it and was ok with the way it was laid out. I was always envious of people who can write or say the perfect things at the right moment, but after reading this book, I so wanted to be a comedy writer and a comedic actress. I know I can’t be either of these now since I’m not that funny and I can’t write that well. Plus I have a severe stage fright. I sweat like crazy when I talk to almost anybody at work. So there you go.
2. Work out at the gym at least once a week. SORT OF. Strictly speaking, I failed. But since I went 3 times, I’m going give myself credit for working out at all. Another excuse is that during the last week of November, I had some family member staying at my house. As a good host, you can’t leave them and do your own selfish things~^^
3. Write a letter to my hubby. FAIL. I thought about it and I should’ve just grabbed a pen when I was thinking about it. Next thing I knew, December came already.
4. Go to sleep between midnight and 1am. SORT OF. Most of the nights, I did go to sleep between midnight and 1am. There were few days I ended up going to sleep later, but that’s when my family was at my house.
5. Pack lunch at least 3 times a week. PASS. It was super hard to pack lunch 3 times a week, but I managed it. I basically had to cook almost every day. Sometimes I cheated and packed ramen noodle, but I packed it so it counts.
6. Try to use up most of pantry items before buying more. PASS. I do need to buy a few things, but cooked and ate most of the stuff in the pantry.
7. Sell some items. FAIL. I just dropped the ball on this one. No excuse.
I did better than last month, so I’m happy about that. Number 1-5 and 7 will be same for December goals. I don’t want to add new things in December since it’ll be a pretty busy month. I don’t want to set myself up for a failure. Oh one more thing to mention is that I didn’t go over my Black Friday shopping budget. I took out cash at an ATM and gave my hubby his portion and kept my portion, which was $150 each before heading to the mall. I spent $149.64~^^ I think I spent my money wisely without buying useless things. Yay for budgeting and sticking to it.
How did you do in November in terms of your personal goals and financial goals? Getting better?